Statistics: 8494 characters 1440 words
Mohokeaiki Ahupuaa, District of Kau, Island of Hawaii, Boundary Commission, Hawaii, Volume A, p. 220
I ka Mea Hanohano Rufus A. Lyman, Luna Palena Aina o ka Mokupuni o Hawaii, &c, &c, &c.
O ka me a nona ka inoa malalo ke haiku nei he mau aina ko A. Keohokalole "Aole" i loaa no Awawa o ke kahi o kona mau aina "mai no Luna Hoona mai," Aka ua mau no nae kona noho kuleana ana maluna oia mau Ahupuaa Ohiki wale i keia ua.
Nolaila ke nonoi ia aku nei e hooponopono ia na palena o ua mau aina, e like me ko lakou mau inoa malalo panei. [penei?]
1. Ahupuaa, Kalana, Mokupuni
1. Ililoa, Puna, Hawaii
2. Nalua, Kau, Hawaii
3. Kamakamaka, Kau, Hawaii
4. Kapauku O[?], Kau, Hawaii
5. Mohokeaiki, Kau, Hawaii
6. Kioloku, Kau, Hawaii
7. Ilikahi, Kona, Hawaii
E. Kanoha ia no hoi ka Pae i pili i keia mau aina e hele ae i ku la, i hoolaha ia i e hana ia keia mau aina imua aki Konuiaina
(Signed) D. Kalakaua
Honolulu, June 23d, 1873
Mohokeaiki Ahupuaa, District of Kau, Island of Hawaii, Boundary Commission, Hawaii, Volume A, No. 1, pps. 412-413
The Ahupuaa of Mohokeaiki, District of kau, Island of Hawaii, 3d Judicial Circuit
On this 15th day of October A.D. 1873, the Commission of boundaries for the Island of Hawaii, 3d Judicial Circuit, met in the Court House at Waiohinu, Kau, on the application of D. Kalakaua for the hearing of testimony in regard to the boundaries of Mohokeaiki situated in the District of Kau, said island of Hawaii.
Due notice personally served on owners or agents of adjoining lands, as far as known.
Present: J.G. Hoapili for applicant; Her Excellency R. Keelikolani and Estate of Kamehameha V.
For Petition see Folio 220 & 242 & 243
Note: For boundaries between Mohokeaiki and Mohokeanui; see testimony on Mohokeanui.
Puhiki, kane, sworn, I was born at Mohokea, Kau, Island of Hawaii before Kuiwai ma ka lae, and always lived there till about two year ....
[End of Top Preview]
This document has been trimmed for your preview.
To view and download this record, add to your document tray by clicking on the button.
Add to Document Tray
[End of Preview]
.... orth 75 1/4° East 3.55 chains to X cut in bedrock;
21. South 58 1/4° East 27.63 chains;
22. South 68½° East 18.92 chains;
23. South 79½° East 16.25 chains;
24. South 57 3/4° East 12.68 chains to X cut in the rock about one chain above the mauka road from Keaiwa to Waiohinu;
25. South 47° East 13.15 chains to a pile of stones; where ditch turns off;
26. South 50 1/4° East 16.90 chains to a pile of stones;
27. South 49½° East 32.12 chains to a pile of stones;
28. South 42° East 24.42 chains to a pile of stones;
29. South 53½° East 28.00 chains to
a pile of stones X cut in bedrock of branch stream; [page 211]
30. South 32½° East 1.77 chains to M at the point of commencement at the junction of Mohokea Nui & Punaluu, containing an area of 198½ acres, more or less.
Commence at the sea shore, at P cut in the end of a rocky point, on the boundary of Punaluu, and run along said boundary
1. North 24 3/4° West 2.70 chains to X cut in the pahoehoe rock;
2. North 2 1/4° East 8.49 chains to N cut in the pahoehoe rock;
3. North 5 1/4° West 9.22 chains to a large rock at Kalaekoko marked K;
4. North 38½° East 3.94 chains to X cut in the pahoehoe rock on the boundary of Mohokea Nui;
5. North 3 3/4° East 22.50 chains along Mohokea Nui, section 1 to H cut in the pahoehoe rock near the sea shore; thence along the shore in a bent line, as shown on the map about
6. South 72 3/4° West 2.40 chains to the point of commencement, containing an area of 5 2/3 acres more or less.
Area of section 1 198 3/6 acres
Area of section 2 5 4/6 acres
Total area 204 1/6 Acres
R.A. Lyman, Commissioner of Land Boundaries, Third Judicial Circuit
Surveyed by F.S. Lyman
Costs $21.- paid by applicants. Witnesses paid by parties calling them.
Hearing, 10.-;14 folio testimony 3.50; Certificate 2.-; Stamp, 1.-; 9 folio description Certificate, 4.50.
[No. 93, Mohokeaiki Ahupuaa, District of Kau, Island of Hawaii, Boundary Commission, 204 1/6 Acres, 1876]