Statistics: 4674 characters 722 words
[No. 63 M.A.], Namauu
No. 10474, Namauu, Honolulu, February 4, 1848
Greetings to the Land Commissioners: I, Namauu, hereby state all my claims to you.
1. One lo`i, Kekuniluna, at Keoneula, and `ili in Honolulu, makai of Kunawai.
1. One cultivated lot at Kainehe, land of J. Piikoi, in Lahaina.
3. Two enclosed lands at Pahoea, Lahaina.
4. One cattle enclosure at Kahawai in Kapoulu, in Aki, Lahaina.
5. One houselot, Waiohuli, adjoining Kalepolepo at Kula, East Maui.
6. One sweet potato lot at Koanauhi, East Maui.
7. Two Taro mo`o in Wailuku in the `ili of Pohakupukupu.
8. These are my claims within the `ili of Pohakupukupu, Honokohau.
9. I also have a small canoe landing, between A. Keliiahonui's and Kaumealani's, next to my house lot.
10. Hoaeae Ahupua`a in Ewa, Oahu.
11. Pahoa Ahupua`a of Lahaina, Maui, Puunoa Ahupua`a of Kahakuloa, Maui, Kaupakulua Ahupua`a of Hamakua, Hawaii, Kulaikahono Ahupua`a in Hilo, Halelua Ahupua`a in Kau, Awakee Ahupua`a, Kona, Moeauoa Ahupua`a, Kona, Ulumalu Ahupua`a, Hamakualoa, Maui. Within these lands which I am listing, the peo ....
[End of Top Preview]
This document has been trimmed for your preview.
To view and download this record, add to your document tray by clicking on the button.
Add to Document Tray
[Start of Bottom Preview (1/3 of document)]
.... ore, and this land was always considered as Namauu's lands. I believe Namauu paid the tax for the same. The tax was paid in hogs. Namauu gave orders to the people on that land (not through Freeman)to deliver the hogs and they were delivered accordingly. (Fifty acres ordered by the Board to be surveyed for the Claimant as the extent of his right.)
No. 10474, N. Namauu
N. Namauu's land in the Mahele Book.
Moeanoa ahupuaa, Kona Hawaii.
Awakee ahupuaa, Kona, Hawaii.
Halelua ahupuaa, Kohala Hawaii.
Kuleikahono ahupuaa Hilo, Hawaii.
Halelua ahupuaa, Kau, Hawaii.
Weha ahupuaa, Hamakua, Hawaii.
Kaupokolua, ahupuaa Hamakualoa, Maui.
Ulumalu ahupuaa, Hamakualoa, Maui.
Pahoa ahupuaa, Lahaina, Maui.
Puumoa ahupuaa Lahaina, Maui.
Hoaeae ahupuaa, Ewa, Oahu.
Puohai ahupuaa, Hilo, Hawaii.
A.G. Thruston, Secretary K.K., Department of Interior, 25 December 1852.
[Award 63 M.A.; Royal Land Patent No. 8404; Puunoa Lahaina; 3 ap.; 5.87 Acs; See also Awards 10474 and 10892]