Statistics: 7431 characters 1246 words
Kalamaula Ahupuaa, District of Kona, Island of Molokai, Boundary Commission, Maui, Volume 2; pps 25-27
The Land of Kalamaula, Island of Molokai
Lahaina, Maui, February 28th 1891
In the matter of the settlement of the Boundaries of the Land of Kalamaula, Island of Molokai.
Application made by Commissioner of Crown Lands
Mr. R. W. Meyer and M.D. Monsarrat, for Honorable C.R. Bishop, Mrs. B.P. Bishop, and himself and the Hawaiian Government respectively, and having filed their Authorization to act in the premises, the following were agreed to be Boundaries of this land, and in accordance with the agreement and their [sic there] being no other parties of interest, it is decreed the Boundaries of said land of Kalamaula, Island of Molokai, are as follows:
Commencing at a mark on a rock, thus [right arrow] at end of Fish pond wall on sand at sea at place called Piliioalii; from which rock the Government Survey Station Kaunakakai bears South 65° 14' East true and Puu Luahine bears North 61° 52' East true and running:
1. North 57°18 East true 267.5 feet along Naiwa, Apana 1 to stone marked with a cross;
2. North 83° 5' East true 425 feet along Naiwa to cross on rock at line of rocks, near path;
3. North 64° 55' East true 2004 feet along Naiwa to rock marked thus [right arrow]
4. South 82° 27' East true 611 feet along Naiwa to cross on rock north of path;
5. North 76° 10' East true 1525 feet along Naiwa crossing road to rock marked thus [right arrow] on rocky point;
6. North 41° 52' East true 1525 feet along Naiwa to stone marked with a cross near a very large rock;;
7. North 15° 13' East true 1682 feet along Naiwa to rock marked thus [right arrow];
8. North 9° ....
[End of Top Preview]
This document has been trimmed for your preview.
To view and download this record, add to your document tray by clicking on the button.
Add to Document Tray
[End of Preview]
.... uhu; From which stone the Government Survey Station Puu Lua bears North 55° 07' West true and Puu Luahine bears South 69° 21' West true;
31. South 80° 42' West true 6831 feet along Kaunakakai along gulch to rock with a cross at edge of gulch;
32. North 70° 40' West true 793 feet along Kaunakakai along edge of gulch to rock marked thus [right arrow] on the edge of gulch;
33. South 47° 52' West true 3621 feet along Kaunakakai down and across gulch to rock marked with a cross;
34. South 43° 16' West true 7496 feet along Kaunakakai to a cross on a stone at edge of gulch near an old road at a place called Ananoio;
35. South 41° 57' West true 4052 feet along Kaunakakai to stone marked with a cross on East edge of road;
36. South 27° 34' West true 2439 feet along Kaunakakai along road and a gulch to a stone marked thus [right arrow] on East side of Road;
37. South 20° 37‘ West true 5567 feet along Kaunakakai to a stone marked with a cross at the north corner of a small pond;
38. South 23° 36' West true 1015.5 feet along Kaunakakai passing on the West edge of two small ponds to a cross on a stone at sea on North edge of road;
Thence along sea shore to initial point, the direct bearing and distance being North 69° 40' West true 12170 feet.
Area 6747 Acres
I adjudge and decree that the foregoing to be the true and lawful boundaries of the land of Kalamaula, Island of Molokai
Samuel N. Chillingworth, Commissioner of Boundaries, II Judicial Circuit
Hearing $10.00; Certificate 2.00; Stamps; 1.00; Evidence 1467 words 3.66 3/4; Certificate 1538 [words] 7.69; Advertisement 2.00; [Total] $26.35
[No. 84, Kalamaula Ahupuaa, District of Kona, Island of Molokai, Boundary Commission, 6747 acres, 1891]