Statistics: 6005 characters 999 words
Nuu Ahupuaa, District of Kaupo, Island of Maui, Boundary Commission, Maui Island, Volume 1, unnumbered pages at end of volume [pps 235-238)
[page crossed out] See R.P. No. 8049
Certificate of Boundariesof the Land of Nuu, Kaupo, District of Hana, Island of Maui, L.C.Award No.
Commission of Boundaries
2nd Judicial Circuit, Gooddale Armstrong, Esq., Commissioner
In the Matter of the boundaries of the Land of Nuu, Kaupo, District of Hana, Island of Maui [end of crossed out section
[unumbered page 236]
See R.P. 8049, L.C.A. No. 6239
Certificate of Boundaries of the Land of Nuu, Kaupo, District of Hana, Island of Maui, Land Court Award No. [left blank] [See above]
Commission of Boundaries, 2nd Judicial Circuit, Goodale Armstrong, Esquire, Commissioner
In the Matter of the Boundaries of the Land of Nuu, Kaupo. District of Hana, Island of Maui
An application to decide and certify the Boundary of the Land of Nuu, Kaupo, District of Hana, Island of Maui, having been filed with me on the 29th day of June 1896 by Cecil Brown for Queen Dowager Kapiolani and James Campbell, in accordance with the provisions of an Act to facilitate the settlement of Boundaries now, therefore, having duly received and heard all the testimony offered in reference to the said boundaries
and having gone on the said land at the request of and having ....
[End of Top Preview]
This document has been trimmed for your preview.
To view and download this record, add to your document tray by clicking on the button.
Add to Document Tray
[End of Preview]
.... per side of the Government Road;
18. South 19° 28´ west true 170 feet along Puumaneoneo Grant 3444;
19. North 44° 3´ West true 244 feet along Puumaneoneo, Grant 3444, to a cross on a stone at edge of bluff at a place called Nuukalawa; [next page, unnumbered page 238]
20. South 24° 45´ west true 565 feet along Puumaneoneo to the North corner of Grant 2468, Apana I to Kehahunaaiole at lower edge of old road;
21. South 17° 11´ West true 1125 feet along Grant 2468 to a stone marked thus [arrow with point made into a diamond] at a place called Kalokoiki, from which stone the Government Survey station Puumanneoneo bears North 49° 35´ East true, Kalaeokailio South 81° 12´ East true and Palakea North 14° 56´ West true 5285 feet;
22. South 4° 48´ East true 300 feet along Grant 2468 to sea at an old canoe harbor; Thence along sea shore to initial point. The bearing from last point at canoe harbor to initial point being North 66° 52´ West true 5650 feet.
Area 12,140 acres
(signed) M.D. Monsarrat, surveyor
Honolulu, June 22nd 1896
Note: the above notes show Grants issued by the Government since my survey in December 1883. These Grants conform to my original survey
(signed) M.D. Monsarrat
(signed) Goodale Armstrong, Commissioner of Boundaries for 2nd Judicial Circuit
[No number, Nuu Ahupuaa, District of Kaupo, Island of Maui, Boundary Commission, 12,140 acres, 1896]